Live each day like it really Matters

Friday, January 13, 2012

A new start

It's been so long since Posted that as I sat down to write this post the blogger page was so different I had to stop and check out the changes before posting. It took my by surprise. 
And to let you know I have posted tons in my mind but it has not made it into Print. 
So I am going to work backwards with all  my random thoughts and see what happens.

- Its almost the middle of January and my Christmas decorations are still up. I think I am waiting for the snow fall around here to make it feel like Christmas before I take them down. 


- I started the new year with good intentions again to get my running and workouts in everyday. I did really good and even started Yoga again (which I love). But after that yoga class I was so tired and for a couple days was very tired but couldn't sleep at night...then it hit me, right in the middle of the night. It was my monthly nightmare, come in full force. So Until this dreadful week is over I am hunkering down. But I'm back at it Monday with workouts and yoga class and a new yoga DVD to get me motivated. This is my year to get back my body. 

Gaiam® Rodney Yee's Ultimate Power Yoga DVD

- the other day I was talking with someone who remarked to me that I was a very confident person and that she felt I was very much in control when it came to working and leading in my calling. I balked and laughed because I feel far from confident and I am very good at acting. 
My self confidence is held back by the lbs of weight I carry that make me feel inferior and I worry about how I look and how other people see me, as I bounce around with ill fitting clothes, when I use to be so slim and carefree. I am working hard to overcome my weight and struggle with the slow process. But It is a process and that last 4 months has seen 16lbs gone and 3 gained back over the holidays. But like I said I found a work out I love in Yoga and I know if I continue and keep up with the workouts the weight will come off. It got there slowly and if it comes off slowly it will stay off. 
(I have done a few quick weight loss gimmicks and the weight always came back.)
This year I am changing how I think about food and exercise and use that to have a slimming year. 



- I had one of those heart filling moments yesterday in a very unusual place. The parking lot of Costco. I had about 2 hours in the morning to get into lethbridge and pick up some long awaited groceries and was rushing about with Caitlyn in tow. As we rushed across the road to get to the doors she quietly slipped her hand into mine and I felt such a warmth and love for my kids holding that tiny little hand. After two weeks of them being home and fighting and yelling and being very rowdy, this quiet little moment made me realize how precious this time is that I have with them. It is so short and I really need to slow down and take time to be with them and do things with them. Because I love them and want them to know it too.

Summer 2011

- After Christmas I was really expecting things to slow down, I don't know what I was thinking. That Monday after new year I spent the day with the my sisters and mother in law. It was Josie's birthday and we took her to town for a little girl time. We got pedicures and shopped and then went for dinner with the guys too. It was a good day. The next day Michelle was scheduled for her Cesarean and had her baby girl Aubrey. I watched her boys for the day and boy they just wore me out. Then Dallin's birthday came along and we had a small party for him. He wanted a sleep over and all his friends were going to stay, That was until about 11:30 when Dallin came into our room to announce that his friends had all called their parents and they were packing up to head home. Yikes!! he was so sad. His cousin was the only one to stay, but they stayed up talking and had fun anyways. 
As Monday rolled around and I was feeling a excited for some quiet, I realized how full my calendar was getting and I also realized that a Mom is never really not busy is she?

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You are amazing and this is the year your a great mom and you made me cry reading the costco part love moments like that that bring it all around to what its about in all the rush! You are are an amazing person!! and a true friend thanks for being that to me! I don't think our lives will slow down for a very long time will they...see ya tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete