Live each day like it really Matters

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

i Pinned it i Tried it

I am an avid Pinner!
And I am tired of pinning all this amazing stuff and not seeing any action.  Thats when I decided I am trying at least one pin a week.
So I have been hearing amazing things about coconut oil for a while now and pinned a couple links about the stuff. 
I wanted to find some and try it and on my search for it I came across and ad for a trial bottle if I would review it. 
I haven't a clue as to where the ad was but I filled out the form and kind of forgot about it. Until my bottle showed up in the mail


I came a little bit messy but was easily cleaned up


I had  to dig into this stuff right away and start testing it out. I had a ton of zucchini in my garden so I chose to bake a bit with some coconut oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese. 
It turned out great. My kids even gobbled it up.


And that was the extent of my picture taking as I continued to test out this product.
My next trial was for a lotion or cream. 
I simply took a bit out of the jar and rub it into my arms. Although I have read you can whip it up and it makes a nice creamy texture.
Now just a little back up info, my arms have all these little bumps on them that I am told are hereditary and not much can be done about them. But as I was doing my research on the coconut oil I found a site that said that if I used this as a cream I would get rid of these bumps.
And it did. 
Amazing.
I have been picking and scratching at them forever and now they are gone. 

OK a couple successes, great. But I was doomed for at least one failure. 
I thought I would try a recipe I found for deodorant.
I mixed up this little concoction and applied it to my very sensitive under arms and not more than 15 minutes later my pits were on fire. 
Oh did it burn and was it ever red. 
Now I am not attributing this to either the coconut oil or the other ingredients but the mixture was not pleasant. 
I hopped in a cool shower and tossed the rest of that failed experiment. 
And I am not looking back. 

Back to something I knew would be good  I tried popping popcorn with the oil and it was delicious, again. 
I conditioned my hair with it and it was definitely softer. 
I have kinda stopped with the trials after that, I didn't want to use up my whole jar on what ifs. Besides I really need it for a lotion still. But I did pin a link on my pinterest board of Tips for a lot more things to do with coconut oil.
So all and all Coconut oil is a pretty amazing product and The Tropical Traditions brand seemed to have a quality product. I will be buying it again when I run out.

After all this, the company I recieved the oil from is letting me offer my readers a bottle of there own to try. Here is the blurb about the giveaway.



Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil - 32 oz.Win 1 quart of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil!
Tropical Traditions is America’s source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil?


Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.

So to enter to win a quart bottle like the one I got you need to sign up for the 
And then let me know in the comments below why you would like to win a bottle and what you want to try using it for.
The giveaway is open to the US and CANADA 
and the product will be shipped to you directly from the company. 
I will close the contest on Friday the 21st of September. 
so watch for the lucky winner to be hand drawn from tiny slips of paper by my 4 year old. 




5 comments:

  1. YEAH!! I'm first and I LOVE coconut oil for many reasons!! Some of what you posted! AND i would love to win a bottle because mine is almost empty ;) Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used coconut oil either, but have always wanted to try it. I recently found a recipe for a homemade body sugar scrub that leaves you with the smoothest legs ever. Of course it uses coconut oil. So that's the first thing I want to try. Shaving! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconut oil. I've used it all summer for many different things, insect repellent (yes it really worked) lotion, stretch marks, insect bites, hair conditioner, diaper rash. What I haven't used it for is food, and I so desperately want to. I'd love to try this brand and keep it in my kitchen and replace most of my butter with it :-) (my 2 year old also really likes to eat it by the spoonful lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Coconut Oil for so many reasons. I would love to win one of this brand of Coconut Oil. I have so many reasons I'd love to win it...from cooking with it to hair treatments to using it in my smoothies. Pick me, I never win ;) Haha I guess taking the time to enter things might qualify me more often...either way...thanks for the chance, Terisa This is one that is definitely worth my time to enter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried coconut oil, but have read up and really want to try!!! I also have those bumps on my arms and legs! and have not ever found anything to get rid of them until I read your post. Wanna try!!! I would also love to try coconut oil in scrubs/lotion since I have very dry skin. I go through lotion like the dickens and haven't really found any that work really well. Pick me!! pick me!!

    ReplyDelete