Live each day like it really Matters

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ten this week

-Again I am going to start today and work backwards with the things that come to my mind as I type. So about 20 minutes ago I heard the whoop whoop of helicopter blades and seeing as I am watching my nephew and he loves these kinds of things we peer out the window expecting to see a helicopter. You see our house in directly under the route for them to get to the lethbridge airport from the states. And we get a lot of helicopter traffic in the spring and summer. So we are looking out the window and see one then two then three then four huge double router choppers flying overhead. It was pretty cool for this old Lady so it must have been awesome for him at 3 years old.


- Speaking of awesome, Caitlyn and I were getting ready for church yesterday and I told she looked pretty, which is normal cause she is adorable. Dad pipes up and asks if he looks pretty and she gave him a disgusted look and tell him boys don't look pretty the are Awesome. 
I think she meant handsome but I have to agree with her, Christian is pretty Awesome!

- Of course, as it happens almost ever time I have to get up early in the morning, my mind just won't shut off the night before. So I tossed and turned and had to get out of bed a few times to untangle and I tried my hardest to get some sleep last night. I checked the clock around 1 am and that was the last I remembered until 1:05 when my iPad set off an alert and woke me up. Grrrrr!

- This whole easter break week was a bit of a let down for me. We had plans for a weekend trip to the states, and a trip to the zoo (which I kept on the DL just in case) but all I got to do all week was tend to a very sick husband, a broke down suburban and entertain 4 kids so the didn't get too bored. We did get a easter/birthday dinner in but the birthday was sick (Dad) and the birthday girl still doesn't realize that really was her party!

-(Continued on Tuesday)  We did a combined Easter dinner and birthday party for Christian and Caitlyn. My family and Christians parents came and we had a nice dinner and some pretty cool cupcakes for dessert.


We also did a little easter egg hunt with the eggs the kids colored. After all the eggs were found, including a bit of chocolate Great Grandma Crawford brought, we tied up all the eggs to the fence and the kids and Dad shot them with .22's. I think we just started a new tradition in our family. The kids had a blast and Aunt Tracey even got her first chance to shoot a gun. It was a good day!


- Soccer/Baseball/Football Season. Bring on the busy! Bring on the chats at the field! Bring on the sunshine! I am going to enjoy this spring and make the most of my kids love of sports!


 - with life getting busier meals are going to get simple and easy and mostly done in a crockpot.
Last night I did the old standby
Taco Soup
1Lb of scramble fried ground meat (beef, venison, turkey)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can black beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 pkg taco seasoning
cook on high for 3 hrs or low for 4-5hrs
use multigrain taco chips to scoop up the soup. and you can sprinkle it with cheese as well.
Delish!!

- I joined the Cardston kids marathon with my kids and did my first 2 miles today. I hope to be able to run the whole final mile with the kids on June 20th

- Christian is such a busy guy, he works so hard and still takes the time to do a little bit of work for me. As I was out with a friend watching The Hunger Games he installed my master closet!
Love being able to finally organize my clothes! Now I just need to find some sort of vinyl to decorate the drawers he installed. (can't leave them plain white, it's not what I have envisioned in my head)

- it has been too long since I did my pottery class and I feel like there is no time in the week to spend 3-4 hrs in lethbridge behind a potters wheel. But I love doing it and can't stop creating in my head. I need to just do it!




No comments:

Post a Comment