Live each day like it really Matters

Saturday, July 21, 2012

oh my... where did the time go? I knew I was neglecting my blog for a bit but I didn't mean for it to go so long in between posts. But I guess my time is precious (or I have read way to many books these last few months.) It has  been a time of change around here too. Christian is now working full time as an EMT for a company which sends him mostly to the northern parts of the province for 2 weeks at a time. The kids are all done school and well into summer holidays. 
Nothing really changed with me but that which has been affected by those I love. 
I really want to start working on my pottery but I need to wait until school is back and I can have a schedule to work with. 

So Here goes a brief recap of our life around here
- Swim lessons were had and passed by all. The kids have had a lot of fun. A few times we packed a lunch and stayed for the afternoon to swim. That was fun for the kids but boy did it get hot during the lunch hour. 

And everyone around here is sporting nice dark tans to go along with all the swimming!


Along with swimming our summer has been occupied with our garden. Every day the kids and I spend a couple hours weeding and taking care of our vegetables. The strawberries are doing terrible thanks to a huge flock of magpies that insist on destroying any fruit but my raspberries are abundant in fruit waiting to ripen. 
We have been pretty fortunate that all the hail storms have passed us by so the garden is thriving, but a heavy rain layed a lot of it flat last night. That storm was so close last night that the lightning and thunder were simultaneous and scared the kids pretty bad.(besides Caitlyn who slept through it)

But with all storms they end and this one gave us a little tiny rainbow to show us it was over!

As I sat alone last night just pondering stuff.... cause I had no internet so no tv to occupy my time... I was thinking how my life has been a lot like that storm. 
We have been going through a lot of trials in the past couple years and sometimes they have been easy to bear and sometime really tough. But at last a little time rainbow has appeared and finally all the struggle is seeing a bit of blessings. This Job Christian has is been a blessing but also the struggle is not over yet... but just a hint of something we have been working towards. 
It just reminds me that no matter what, my Heavenly Father knows what I can handle and is letting me see that this too shall pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment